Monday, January 29, 2007














Day 5 and 6 Hoi An, Vietnam (south of Danang where the U.S. once had an airbase in Vietnam near the DMZ) This was the only resort I visited. It was on a small island bordered by a river on the west and the ocean on the east. A very relaxing two days. To make the time interesting I took a cooking class! We took a boat to the market and bought all the ingredients for the recipes then came back to the hotel to prepare the meal. It was a fantastic experience. My favorite recipe: Banana Flower Salad with Shrimp and Pork. If you'd like the recipe just let me know. They gave me a copy of it after the class.

These pictures were taken on the boat ride to the market where I shopped for the ingredients for the recipes.

You'll see the way the people who live off the river (by fishing) work and live and a few pictures I took as we approached the marketplace and while in the market. The last two pictures below were taken along the road on the way back to the resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment